Introduction to Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing (SMM) means marketing your products or services on the social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. It generally involves creating posts like images, videos, infographics, etc.
Social Media Marketing also includes marketing through paid advertisements. There are various social media networks which promote the products/services/post through paid advertisements.
Why to do Social Media Marketing (SMM):
Social Media Marketing is an important aspect of the digital marketing as almost everyone is on social media, so marketing on social media becomes a significant part of digital marketing. Here are few other points for doing SMM:
- It helps in to grow your business, take it as an example of a freelancer, there are many clients over Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. that can be suitable for a freelancer to approach them.
- Suppose you are handling your client’s business as a digital marketer, you have to increase their sales. You can refer to the SMM techniques to boost the sales of your client’s business.
- More reach and more engagements for you as well as your business that can be gathered by both ways i.e. through Paid advertisement or by organic results.
- If you have a website then also SMM would help a lot in gaining website visitors.
- It also helps to increase the communication and interaction with the targeted audience.
Choice of Social Media:
Before I start this social media module, we need to clear a concept that is how to choose the right social media for your brand or for your client’s brand.
There are many social media platforms namely, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Medium.com, YouTube, etc.
*I recommend you to make a profile on every social media so that you will have the knowledge about which social media is for what and do make an excel file for that also. This will really help you in the upcoming modules.
Choosing the right social media is like scoring perfect 100 in exams. Here are the list of the social media and their uses.
1. If you want to write contents for professional work showcasing your rewards, etc. you need to register on LinkedIn.
2. If you want to capture the local public or the international one you must register on the Facebook.
3. If you want to reply privately to everyone of grab the attention of every customer you must register on Whatsapp/Emails.
4. If you want to increase your SEO score of your website then you need to register on different websites like Reddit, Twitter, etc.
5. Video content can be posted in YouTube, Vimeo, dailymotion.
6. Infographics can be posted in Pinterest.
These are all most popular social media platforms that are used for Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing.
Tips for Social Media Marketing:
There are lots of tips to discuss but here I will give you the best tips that actually help you in defining your social media goals and get you more benefits from SMM:
- Content Planning:
It is a very simple tip but it is the most important one. Content planning starts with the keyword researching. Suppose you are starting with the digital marketing services and thinking of doing SMM, so you first needed a keyword researching tool that will help you to gain more keywords or help you to know what people are actually searching.
There are two ways to search for the keywords:
- Organic Researching
- Paid Researching
In organic researching, you can may the ideas from the Google search as you can see in the below image.
In the above image you can see that whenever you search any term on Google, Google will suggest you some related searches so this is one of the best way of organic keyword researching.
The other ways, there are many tools for keyword researching for example Rapid Tags, Keywordtool.io, and many other free tools for keyword researching.
Paid Keyword researching goes with the premium version of the above free tools of keyword researching.
- Content Posting Tip:
You should be regular in posting the content on social media. Say every day, every week, or even every month but you must be regular.
Post your content using professional graphics designing is an another tip for you to do SMM.
- Content Promotion:
If you want to get fast success in the social media then go for the paid advertisements. They are awesome. You just need a proper knowledge about the ads running then need not worry you can do it with more precisely.
- Tracking Competitors:
This is the best way to get success in the social media. Just analyze the competition related to your niche then simply follow the good things and make them in the customized way so that you can get more followers and get more leads.