Before dividing the pros and cons of engaging in the digital marketing industry, it is important to look briefly at the evolution of marketing. If you’ve been in the 90s or early 2000s, you may remember those awesome TV commercials. Some of them were inspiring, while many were scary. You may be wondering how to start your career in digital marketing . Since digital marketing requires a lot of transformative skills, it is a good place to learn some of the skills that are useful for digital marketing. Evaluating your skills can put you on the right track in your career in digital marketing.
However, most of them had a purpose – they were designed to let you know about an item and influence you to buy it. Companies spend a lot of money promoting and marketing their products – this is their way of attracting new customers and increasing the number of customers. You may have already guessed that marketing depends on consumer trends.
Digital marketing is needed
Try to remember the last time you sat in front of a TV set. Most of you may not remember it. Because of the easy streaming of the internet and TV shows, people have switched from TV sets to the internet. With this change, companies have shifted from traditional advertising to digital marketing – bringing ads to your mobile or computer screen. However, since the internet is almost endless, digital marketing has to handle a lot of skills and roles so you can reduce competition. It has become a very lucrative option and the demand for digital marketers is increasing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Before moving on to how you can advance your career in digital marketing, let us first understand the concept – What is Digital Marketing? Like traditional marketing, in digital marketing, a company has an object they want to sell, so they try to engage customers, introduce the product, and close the sales.
Which skills are most in-demand?
The world of digital marketing is being hit by a storm. Most companies are moving towards digital marketing and as marketing is an integral part of any company the demand for digital marketers is very high. To get an overview of this request, we will turn our attention to some statistics. It is estimated that about 93% of all online activities start in the search engine.
To rank in the search engine, you need to make sure that the content is SEO compatible. If we talk about businesses that sell products, statistics show that 80% of Americans make one online purchase each month. Therefore, for a business to thrive, a basic understanding of digital marketing is required. In 2017, digital advertising, content strategy, social media, and content creation were considered on-demand skills.
For whom is digital marketing?
When you decide on a career in digital marketing, you may be wondering – am I suitable for this career? Well, digital marketing is for almost all people. If you like code, you can easily get a place as a web developer. Nowadays, AI is also used to support interactive technology.
In addition, data science can be used to identify customer patterns, so data scientists can be of great help in digital marketing. For creative souls, digital marketing has many jobs. Writers can move on to content creation and management. Graphic designing and video editing are important fields in digital marketing. Read more about the career in digital marketing skills you need.
Why Choose a Digital Marketing Career?
Digital marketing is a vast field and there are numerous ways you can go down if you are involved in it. If you want to learn something every day, you can move up the rankings and become a manager. However, there are many other reasons why career in digital marketing can be a lucrative endeavor for you:
- Utilization of Skills: In the modern world, companies are looking for people with soft skills. If you are in the middle-income range and have some digital skills under your belt, you can elevate yourself by learning more skills, especially in this area.
- Versatility: In different fields, if you already have the expertise, it is difficult to change your path. You may have to go into extensive training.
- Growing career: When a person is looking for a job, he is also looking for job security. Therefore, they will often go to the growing industry, which will not go through a possible emergency shutdown.
- Income: As digital marketing jobs require, there are plenty of opportunities to negotiate your paycheck.
- Creativity: Digital marketing is a very creative discipline. Unlike many technical professional fields, digital marketing offers an opportunity for many creative individuals.
Like any other field, digital marketing has its disadvantages. Some Cons of career in Digital Marketing:
- Regular Learning and Flexibility – Continuing learning in digital marketing can have both pros and cons for this field. While it is always useful to learn new things, the very dynamic nature of digital marketing can make learning a little more exciting.
- High competition – Like any other field, digital marketing has a lot of competition. However, as the sector is more creative, competition is still increasing.
Is digital marketing a good career in India?
Digital marketing is becoming a promising industry with rapid career growth and lots of new opportunities. If you want to be a part of the hottest industry and grow with it in the coming decades, start gaining talent today.
Are digital marketing jobs in demand in India?
The growth of digital penetration and the boom of e-commerce in India is increasing the demand for talented digital marketing professionals. The industry attracts new graduates and experienced professionals and has ample opportunities to cater to individuals with various skill packages.
What skills are needed for digital marketing?
SEO & SEM
Basic Design Skills