E-commerce refers to online business transactions, transactions made through the Internet. These include buying and selling a product and making money transactions on the Internet. The Internet is used for e-commerce. Websites and applications (applications) required for e-commerce. It is mainly connected with the final process of the flow associated with the end customer.
Examples of E-Commerce are online retailers like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, and Paytm mall, sellers of digital goods like ebooks, online services, etc.
Activities of E-Commerce are :
- Buying and selling products online
- Online ticketing
- Online Payment
- Paying different taxes
- Online accounting software
- Online customer support
E-Business refers to performing all types of business activities through the internet. It includes the procurement of raw materials/goods, customer education, supply activities buying and selling products, making monetary transactions, etc over the internet. Internet, intranet, and extranet are used in e-business. Websites, apps, ERP, CRM, etc are required for e-business that is also known as Ecommerce Website Development Toronto.
Examples of E-Business are e-commerce companies and their various internal business activities, auction sites, classified sites, software and hardware developer site, etc.
Activities of E-Business are :
- Online store setup
- Customer education
- Buying and selling product
- Monetary business transaction
- Supply Chain Management
- E-mail marketing
Key Differences Between e-commerce and e-business
The following points are significant regarding the difference between e-commerce and e-business:
- Buying and selling goods and services over the Internet is called e-commerce. Unlike e-commerce, it is the electronic existence of the business whereby all business activities are conducted through the Internet.
- E-commerce is an important part of e-business.
- E-commerce includes transactions involving money, but e-business includes monetary and related activities.
- E-commerce has an external approach involving customers, suppliers, distributors, etc. On the other hand, e-business has a fuzzy approach that includes both internal and external processes.
- e-commerce requires a website that represents the business. Instead, e-commerce requires the Internet, customer relationship management, and organizational resource planning to run a business on the Internet.
- E-commerce uses the Internet with other parts of the world. Unlike e-commerce, the Internet, intranet, and extranet are used to connect with parties.